The Village of Lake Nebagamon Cemetery can be accessed by using Maple Creek Rd. off County Rd. B or
Cemetery Rd. off County Rd. B & P. Plots are available for purchase through the Sexton or Village Office, and
the rules for burials are listed below.
Cemetery Ordinance (Chapter 25 of Municipal Code)
Burial Rules & Regulations
- No permanent trees, shrubs, or bushes allowed to be planted.
- Decorations remaining on graves will be removed after October 1st. At any time, items considered unsightly, damaged, detrimental, dangerous, or inconvenient for the care of the cemetery shall be removed.
- No fences to be installed.
- Plot may hold one regular vault; or, one existing vault and 2 cremains; or 2 cremains.
- Cremains do not need a vault.
- Lots may not be sold to anyone other than to the Village of Lake Nebagamon. Plots may be conveyed or given only to family members.
- The cemetery sexton or designee shall be the only one authorized to do the digging for a regular burial or the burial of cremains.
- No tents allowed between November 1 and April 1.
- Winter burials are allowed in the winter subject to weather conditions. The Cemetery Board in consultation with eh sexton will determine whether or not such conditions shall prevent a burial from taking place at that time.
- No Sunday or Holiday funerals or burials will be permitted.
- No headstones installed without sexton contact. Stones set improperly or in the wrong place will be removed and the replacement installation cost will be the responsibility of the monument installer.
- Mounds prohibited. No person may raise the level of the earth over any grave in a Village cemetery above the general level of the cemetery lot.
- Setting up the “Wilbert Way” (cables - suspended) is prohibited.
|Monday-Friday||After 3:00 pm||Saturday||After 3:00 pm|
Click on any image to view full size