11596 E Waterfront Drive
Open by appointment only.
Please call 715-374-3101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the secure drop box on the front of the Auditorium for sewer payments, Auditorium rental agreements, land use permit applications or general correspondence.
A "Public Lake Nebagamon Information Newsletter" is being distributed in the Village. Please be aware, this newsletter and the information contained therein, is not associated with or approved by the Village Board. For official, accurate information, please continue referring to the Village website, Village office and approved meeting minutes.
Welcome to the
Village of Lake Nebagamon
We are located southeast of Superior in Douglas County, Wisconsin. Our friendly residents welcome visitors to our lake all year for seasonal activities like swimming, boating, fishing, snowmobiling, ice fishing and general enjoyment. The beach remains the summer hot spot for the young and old to congregate, and the boat landing is used for warm weather public access. In the winter, people access the lake at the bottom of Lake Avenue. The Auditorium is the hub of Village activity and is on the National Register of Historic Places. In addition to housing the municipal offices, the Auditorium provides a venue for Village Board & Commission meetings, community events, exercise classes and is available to rent for special events like weddings, reunions, birthday parties and graduations. The Auditorium is also available for public use in emergencies or natural disasters.
Our general population of around 1000 doubles or more during the summer months, especially during our famous 4th of July festivities! This can be partly attributed to the fact the weather in Lake Nebagamon is usually 20 degrees warmer than the Duluth / Superior area during the Spring, Summer and Fall.
In 1882 the Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic Railroad constructed a line across northern Wisconsin. A portion of that line ran through what is now the Village of Lake Nebagamon. The Weyerhauser Lumber Company operated several camps in the Village in the early 1900’s, using the rail line for their operations. The Village was named from the Chippewa phrase “Nee-bay-go-moh-win”, meaning a place to hunt deer by fire on the water.